Subsequent Entrant Visa 500
Embarking on a study abroad experience in Australia entails crucial decisions beyond selecting a university and course. From timely application submissions to competitive exam performance, every step matters. One such critical aspect is obtaining the Subsequent Entrant Visa 500, also known as the Australia Student Visa, which allows international students to study in Australia along with their families.
What is Subsequent Entrant Visa Subclass 500?
For dependents of international students studying in Australia on a Student Visa (Subclass 500), the Australian government offers the Student Subsequent Entrant Visa Australia subclass 500. This visa permits the families of international students to join and live with them during their academic journey in Australia.
Eligibility Requirements for Subclass 500 Australian Student Subsequent Entrant Visa:
The subsequent entrant visa 500 requirements are listed below-
Genuine Temporary Entrants (GTE):
Applicants must demonstrate their Genuine Temporary Entrant status, proving their educational intent and plans to return home upon course completion.
Health Checks and Insurance:
Meeting exceptional health standards is essential, though the need for interim medical examinations and chest X-rays for most candidates has been eliminated.
While there is no specific age limit for applicants, older individuals may need to provide stronger motivation for pursuing their studies. Special conditions and proper welfare arrangements are required for applicants under 18.
Applicants must demonstrate adequate funds to cover living expenses, school fees, and other costs during their stay, varying based on factors such as length of stay and tuition costs.
Applicants must exhibit good moral character, free from criminal records, ongoing investigations, or prior deportation from Australia.
A nomination form (Form 919) from the family member in Australia must accompany the subsequent entrant’s immigration application.
Form 157A for Student Visas for Subsequent Entrants:
Applicants need to use Form 157A while applying for an Australian student visa as a subsequent entrant.
The Education Provider’s Letter:
An institution letter containing program details, enrolment term, and academic status must be attached to the application.
Conditions for the Subsequent Entrant Visa 500:
- Maximum Three-Month Study Period (8201): Limiting study or training to three months in Australia.
- Work Restrictions (8104): Dependents can work only after the primary student visa holder begins their course.
- Maintain Health Insurance (8501): Adequate health insurance coverage is mandatory.
- Maintain Eligibility (8516): Compliance with student subsequent entrant visa requirements is necessary.
- Student Visa (Subsequent Entrant) (500) Processing Time 2023:
- The processing time for visa decisions is typically 5-8 months after application submission and document verification. However, individual circumstances may influence processing times.
Student visa (subsequent entrant) (500) processing time 2023
The Department of Home Affairs provides approximate processing durations. Nonetheless, these can vary. As per the latest update, the usual processing time for future entry visa applications is between 27 and 58 days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Whom can you add to your student visa subclass 500? Only immediate family members, including partners, spouses, and dependent minor children, are eligible to accompany a student to Australia on this visa.
- Subsequent Entrant Visa 500 Working hours-Can my dependents work with a student subsequent entrant visa in Australia. Yes, dependents are allowed to work in Australia after the primary student visa holder commences their studies and restricted to 40 hours per fortnight. Certain visa types such as family members of masters or doctoral student offer uncapped work hours for specific family members.
- Where should I submit my subsequent entrant student visa application, and how much will it cost? The application must be submitted at the Australian embassy or consulate in the applicant’s home country or the nearest office. The base application fee is AUD 620, with costs varying for applications with additional dependents.
Australia offers an excellent environment for international students and obtaining the Subsequent Entrant Visa 500 allows them to bring their families along.
This comprehensive guide covers the application process, eligibility requirements, and conditions of the student subsequent entrant visa 500.
For a smooth visa application, consulting a registered migration agent experienced in immigration legislation is recommended.